Bonus & Unpublished Content from
“The Art of Voice Acting”
The files on this page are Bonus content, articles, and other contributions that were not included in the current edition of the book or that appeared in prior editions. Also included here are PDF versions of forms included in the book and other resources we use in our VoiceActing Academy workshops. You may download and copy these files for your personal use.
Please note that all content on this website is copyrighted material. You are licensed, and have permission, to download and/or copy any content for your personal use only. Sharing or posting any content you might download from this website or copy from any of our published material is a violation of U.S. Copyright law and may result in legal action.
BONUS CONTENT – ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS NOT IN THE CURRENT EDITION:
For a variety of reasons, the content that follows either had to be removed from, or was never included in, one or more editions of the book. Some of this content may be updated or re-purposed in a newer edition, so there might be some duplication. This “Bonus Content” is included here as a supplement to the current edition of The Art of Voice Acting.
- Types of Voiceover Work – (Ch 1 in editions 1-4)
- What to Look for in a Script – (from Ch 4 of editions 1-4)
- The Seven Core Elements and the I.E.E.O. Communication Strategy
- Shedding Light on the Dark Side of Voiceover by Rob Sciglimpaglia – (4e, Ch 20)
- Voiceover and the Visually Impaired – (never published)
- New Media by Joe Klein – (complete chapter 17 from 4e)
- Hillary Huber: A Bit About Audio Books (from 4e)
- RISC 3D: 10 Socio-cultural Cells and Your Character – (excerpted from 4e, Ch 10)
- Alphabetical Review of Demo Categories (4e)
- Creating an Impressive Web Presence by Voices.com
- Inside Anime by Deb Munro (from 3e/4e)
- Lani Minella on Celebrity Voices (never published)
- Lani Minella – Video Games (from 3e)
- Jennifer Vaughn – Radio Imaging (from 3e)
- Demo Tips, Dos and Don’ts (3e/4e)
- Automatic Dialogue Replacement by James Phillips (4e)
- Sammy the Sunflower by Jonathan Tilley (bonus for 5e)
- Producing a VO Demo Too Soon: The Tom Kelly Story (never published)
- The VoiceActing Studios Demo Production Process (4e)
- 21 Steps to Move Your Voiceover Career in a Positive Direction (Penny Abshire – never published)
FORMS AND OTHER PDF FILE DOWNLOADS:
To download these PDF files, open the file on your computer and click on the File, Save As… menu links.
- The A-B-C’s of Voice Acting: The Complete Alphabet
- Script Analysis Worksheet for wood shedding a script – from our VoiceActing Acting workshops
- The Character Voice Worksheet – (4e, Ch 14) Use this form to document your characters.
- Creating Your Character Voice – From our Comic-Con Voice Acting Seminar.
- Business Plan for Voice Actor You – (4e, Ch 20) Develop a plan to advance your VO career.
- Session Booking Agreement Form – (4e, Ch 21) 1-page sample booking agreement
- Session Booking Work Order – (4e, Ch 21)
- Track time and services rendered Voice Acting Expense Report – (4e, Ch 21) Sample form for tracking VO expenses
- The Voiceover Survival Kit